Pre-race help – Anytime leading up to race weekend
• Motivational Sign Making: Volunteer group makes motivational signs that are sprinkled on the course to inspire the runners.
Thursday – May 4 , 2 – 6 pm, Wings Stadium
• Expo Setup: Volunteer group will help with unloading, counting and setting up tee shirts and the expo area. This task has some lifting.
Friday – May 5, 8 – noon, Health & Fitness Center
• Loading Trucks: Volunteer group would help load the trucks for the course. Every Gu, water, table and cup gets loaded on a truck to be distributed on the course. This is some heavy lifting.
Saturday – May 6
• Race Site Set Up: 9 – 12 pm & 12 pm – 3pm, Tent City. Volunteer group would help at Tent City and the finish line area to get signs up and ready for Sunday morning.
• Packet Pickup Tear Down: 6 – 9 pm, Volunteers help tear down at Wings Event Center and set up at Borgess Health & Fitness Center.
• Course Sign Distribution: Anytime Saturday. Group goes onto course and sets up motivational and essential signs for the runners.
Sunday – May 7
• Aid Station: The course offers approximately 15 aid stations giving water, Gu, and/or Gu Brew to participants.
• Spirit Station: Brainstorm with us ways you can make your station unique. If it’s fun for the runner, it is fun for you.
• Monitors: Volunteers will direct participants at key intersections, keep people on track and maintain order.
Monday – May 8
• Race tear down: (9-noon), Volunteer groups can help tear down the finish line area and tent city or help with unloading trucks from the course.
For more information or to sign up for one of these opportunities please contact
Cheryl Pickett at 269-345-1913 or email at Cheryl@BorgessRun.com